Budding Entrepreneurs At Work

Budding Entrepreneurs At Work

Sunday 11 November 2012

Interested in being an Entrepreneur?

It's been a while since I've been asked to speak to kids at schools. The last time was when I was still a lecturer at Ngee Ann Poly's School of Film and Media Studies (FMS). I was part of the outreach committee and used to go to secondary schools to talk to students about their career path and why FMS was the way to go.

So it was with great honour that I accepted this opportunity to speak with the P6 kids at Fuchun Primary early this month during their Career Fair.


It was an opportunity for me to share my experience as a mom-preneur and why I decided to take this route instead of a regular 9 to 5 job.

As each batch of kids came round to talk with me, I asked how many of them wanted to be their own boss. Interestingly enough I only got 2 positives, a few maybes but mostly blank stares.

But as I talked with them, some had interesting view points to share about being an entrepreneur either because they had a parent or parents who owned businesses, or because they had interests in being their own boss.

It was heartwarming to know that we had budding entrepreneurs in our midst.

My message to them was a simple one: Find your passion and if you can turn it into a business, you'll never have to work a single day in your life.

A big thank you to Mrs Yap Dai Jee, Principal of Fuchun Primary School, as well as Ms Chin Yee, the teacher in charge of the Career Fair, in allowing me the privilege of meeting these young towkays (businessmen) and having such a wonderful experience to remember.










No comments:

Post a Comment