Budding Entrepreneurs At Work

Budding Entrepreneurs At Work

Wednesday 31 October 2012

Christmas is in the air...

Been into town recently? Wow, xmas decorations are already up on the Orchard Road stretch and we haven't even celebrated Deepavali yet! In fact, I just got a taste of it too... literally! That's because I had a lovely cup of toffee nut latte from Starbucks earlier this evening and only when I walked in that I realised their menu and decor have also gone all Xmassy... this IS the most wonderful time of the year!

Anyway, came across this picture of a very interesting piece of xmas origami art and thought I'd share with you. Since the exams are over and the kids will be driving you up the wall soon, in a good way I hope (haha...), perhaps you'd like to get them started on creating some Xmas decorations from recycled materials such as magazine paper or craft sticks!

How about a paper angel topper for your tree (as shown here), or your own aluminium xmas ball decorations? Use craft sticks and hard piece of cardboard from cereal boxes to make unique photo frames that you can give away as pressies! I'm planning to try some of these ideas for my own tree this year and yes, it'll be up pretty soon. I just love to get into the festive mood as early as possible without being too fanatical!

No comments:

Post a Comment